Double trouble

Double trouble

Some projects just don’t want to go right at some point. That’s what happened here. I made the travel pants several times but not once was it so hard… and when I finally found a nice fabric for a top to go with it, the fabric turned out to be bad painted …. but let me tell what I did.

 

Sommige projecten willen gewoon niet goed gaan in het proces. Dat gebeurde hier dus mee. Ik heb de travel broek al een paar keer gemaakt maar nog nooit met zo veel pech. En toen ik dan eindelijk een mooie stof vond voor een bijpassende top, bleek deze slecht geverfd te zijn…. ik ga je vertellen wat ik deed.

I changed the waist band of the pants to make it 9 cm high. Instead of string to ty I made a string of the fabric. And with two flaps on the back the pants are exact like the original of the brand I like so much. Because of the tension of the crotch seam I stitch it with a special stitch to make it stronger. So far so good. I decided to stich an extra line just along that stichtline to make it a nice flat seam. When the pants are finished I just needed to press the crotch a bit…..and then it went wrong….. the iron was to hot 🤭 fortunately you can hardly see it when wearing 🤨

 

Ik veranderde de tailleband en maakte deze 9 cm hoog. In plaats van een koord maakte ik nu een strik van de stof. En met twee kleppen achterop, is de broek exact hetzelfde als die van het originele merk dat ik zo leuk vind. Omdat er wat spanning op de kruisnaad komt besluit ik een speciale steek te kiezen voor wat extra sterkte. Ik stik er nog een extra lijn gewone steek naast om het mooi plat te laten vallen. So far so good. Als de broek dan klaar is alleen nog even persen….. en toen ging het mis…. het strijkijzer was te heet 🤭 gelukkig zie je nauwelijks als ik hem aan heb 🤨

Well since the fabric for the top was badly painted I had to change plans for the design. Trying out several patterns I decided to go for the Uvita of Itch-to-Stitch. I shortened the sleeves and attached a ruffle. Of course that pattern turned out very nice. In the end my first autumn set looks just as I hoped.

Omdat de stof voor de top slecht was geverfd moest ik van plan wijzigen en een ander ontwerp kiezen. Na het beoordelen van diverse patronen, besloot ik voor de Uvita van Itch-to-Stitch te gaan. Ik maakte de mouw wat korter en zette er een ruffle aan. Natuurlijk gaat dat patroon altijd goed. Uiteindelijk is mijn eerste herfst set precies geworden zoals ik had gehoopt.

Link to the FREE  UVITA

3 gedachtes over “Double trouble

Geef een reactie